Thursday, November 1, 2018

Wanted Posters Everywhere



In the silence all I hear

is the steady hum of an

unnecessary air conditioner

in the middle of our coldest

winter yet.


And the steady but melodic

click clack of a keyboard

as my laptop gently rises

and falls with the pressure

of each key and the breathing

of me.


I guess that really isn't silence,

after all, but it should be

when you are used to people

fighting in the background

or music blaring with

lost hope.


And I read what so many others

write, commenting to the best

of my ability, only something

keeps getting in

my way.


Why can't I be as great as them

and where did all of my inspiration

run off to this time. Am I all alone

or is it coming back

someday?


So in this stillness that is not

so still and the silence that

is actually quite noisy

for some


I am searching for my muse

wondering where she could

have gone.


If you see her walking down

the street or passing through

your dreams would it be too

much of me to ask you

to send her back

my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment