Tuesday, November 6, 2018

"Unique"


I know you are not going to understand this or at least it is far from likely, but because I am who I am, I am going to say it anyway. To live the life I live is odd - there are drops of glass - like pain molding to drops of fallen rain and the water I drink is poisoned by my thoughts. Take a deep breath, visit me if you dare, Time is on his way to take me away and I’m lying in the snow dying in my own arms again. I told you that the life I live is odd - there are seconds wasting away as they whisper quotes from all my favorite days, singing songs from the parties we threw with shadows dancing in time to songs only imagined and never even played. There are sounds from the backs of throats disguised as words for all the things people say they feel even though it’s clear they don’t. And someday, someday they might, but it’s going to be too late, because the only teacher they’ll ever find to help them understand will already be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment