Friday, November 23, 2018

The Garden in my Soul



You dropped a seed when you kissed me

for the very first time and that little seed

fell passed my lips and through my heart

into my soul. It found soil and solitude

inside my lungs and it grew brighter and

more beautiful with each kiss to follow.


I'm not sure if it was a rose or a sunflower

or  even a lily like you gave the last girl.

But I never felt any thorns and my days

came not only easier, but happier as well

so I tell myself it was a sunflower and

you were the sun. Which means I am rain.


Before too long birds and butterflies

were prancing around my heart and

bees found a hive in my shoulders

(don't ask why they settled there,

I'll never understand it myself).


Everything was thriving -

flourishing even it was

such a sight to see. Until one day

they took too much oxygen

and I forgot how to breathe.


That was the day I realized

that you had left and you

had no intentions of coming home.


Was it the flower or you

that killed me?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment