Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tears from Shooting Stars



Fragile.


That's the only word I can think of

to describe the life I live and the kind

of person I am. There's only so much

to a lonely, old soul that anyone else

would ever even dream of


understanding.


But you, you know that already,

don't you? You come here daily

ready for your next does of my

thoughts bittersweet like the coffee

you sip as you read as much as you can

before the alarm for work goes off.


It's like you can't feel anything

for yourself unless you know  what

I've been feeling lately, as though

you are only numb until I interfere

with your days. . .


Fragile.


That's more than who I am,

it's the life I live and the people

I love with every piece of my

shattered heart beating profusely

beneath this scarred chest of mine.


It's why these words sound so good

to you, why you think you understand,

even though, I know you don't. So don't

bother pretending, it doesn't make me

love you anymore than I do as is. But

don't worry, you weren't exactly meant to


understand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment