Thursday, August 23, 2018

Pressed Daisies



There is innocence and a sense

of compassion in all that you do.


I remember how we sat on the rooftop

sharing our dreams as I wrote my poetry

and you tucked flowers into my hair.

I remember that night in the coffee shop

listening to the radio play songs of love

as we split a chocolate chip cookie -

I wrote and you played TETRIS on your i-pod.


I remember staying up with you all night

and then volunteering the next day

when that stranger walked by and

asked if she could take a picture of us.


I look forward to the parties and dances

where we will smile our prize winning smiles

and I will wear new flowers in my hair just for you.

There is passion and hope in every moment

we share and I hope this never ends.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment