Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Scribbled Pink Ink



Strawberry, I know I haven't always been

as sentimental or daringly delicate as my name

suggests, but you know as well as I do that Poetry

is an urge, it's an addiction and as such it cannot

be scheduled or pleasing to every mind. My vocabulary

dies off when you're not here and my ink chases

after you - only to end up friend on the side walk

a few feet up the street. I'm afraid of inviting


the computer over for dinner because it devours

my soul as well and that changes the flavor of my words

for whatever's left of my lifetime - until he's my guest

again. Depression brings over an odd cinnamon whiskey

and Love raids my wine cellar, so I hate writing with them

at the table in your seat. Oh dear, Strawberry, I know

today's all about you, but you need to know that

your dear, sweet Poetry's just not the same


without you.


Happy Birthday, Strawberry...

No comments:

Post a Comment