Monday, August 20, 2018

Helianthus Annuus (sunflower)



Dearest Friend,


I know that I promised I would try more often to

be happy so you could worry less and we could get the rest

of the world off our back. It's just that Life's so good

at getting in the way of living and sometimes there's

just nothing left to do but hide in the darkness and cry.

Darling, I'm so sorry but the sunflowers are still

my very favorite thing to draw because I am tired

of tear-stained smiles and ghost eyes winking shyly


as I wake to the shadows of the world and all those people

who want to be understood despite their genetic inability to

understand anything at all. I know I told you I'd look for

things about myself that are beautiful, but all I could find

were my eyes, my heart, and my crooked smile


(it outshines the sun when you are near)


 Love, I know that I promised to try and to be happy,

but does that mean no more sunflower drawings or

waterfall paintings? And Love, if I asked you why

you worry about me would you give me an honest answer;

could you follow it up with how you are able to love someone

like me the way you do? Usually, I only ever draw sunflowers


 when I'm trying not to cry, but this time,this time

I think it was just for the sake of nostalgia. Thank you

for loving me the way you do. Thank you for finding me

here every day. Thank you for helping me find myself.


With eternal love,

your dreamer



- Helianthus annuus = scientific classification of a sunflower

No comments:

Post a Comment