Monday, July 16, 2018

Weekend Journeys



Glimpses out a bland window at nothing but a sour scene

I wonder where exactly it is I am going and why.

Should you know, should you see me pulled over on the edge

please do tell me when I got there and how to free my soul.


Trees race me as I go west into the sunlight,

clouds and sea wave gingerly as we part at the crossroads,

flowers bow their heads south towards the warmer homes,

children dance north along main street asking who they could be;

I guess the world still has some hearts that care.


Then I leave town reminded of past friendly faces

yet relieved of pain inflicting demons of my home.

Perhaps this is an adventure that could be fun... I suppose

or maybe it's a vacation, world only knows I could use some of those.


So I keep going slowly slipping into a dream world

I can't keep my eyes open any longer, though I'm still behind the wheel,

Some people would tell me to get a room and sleep

but I know myself all too well, I can't do that and not not weep,

too many memories from places like this under these stars.


So I guess I'll just pull into the rest stop ahead

hold my mind in my hands and wonder how your life goes.


In a way this is meant to be my letter to you

simply saying hey, how do you do;

now though it's my cry to everyone and anyone at all.


Though I am not crying for your love,

nor am I begging for another new old friend.


In the end, I'm sitting here, just venting

about the pain my brain says I've seen

and explaining this trip

through all the cobweb and all

as I tried to find someone new to be. With Love,

M.R.K

No comments:

Post a Comment