Friday, July 27, 2018

11:11 Am



I woke up late and pulled the covers back up

when I heard everyone else still asleep,

an hour later I crawled out of the warmth

and safety of the purple angel blanket

my grandmother made me when i was six.


To the fridge to heat up left over

Starbucks coffee from last night -

that's the disadvantage of this tiny,

little apartment of a home, there's no

coffee pot and ours has been living

in a box on a truck to California

ahead of us for weeks now.


The radio came on with a startling volume

and my brother's youtube videos

woke mom up without much warning

or gentleness. It'll be a simple day today

but when I picked up my pen, wondering

what to say today the clock flashed


11:11


so I whispered, "Make a wish" even though

they had headphones in and I know

that you couldn't hear me, but I hope that

when you find this, and you read it,

you can make a wish of your own.


That maybe I have made the power of

the numbers last forever since it is in print now,

or maybe you'll be lucky enough to

come across it in a different time zone

where you've gone back to the minute

filled with hope and regret, sanity and change.


Because if nothing else,

that would be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment