Sunday, July 8, 2018

Preparing for Another Flood



1 year, 11 weeks and 25 days have passed
since the one we were supposed to use
for getting out of our small towns and
discovering more of who we could be
if we continued growing up and better
because of each other and ourselves.

There are 5 days left until my birthday
and I am surrounded by love and joy,
but part of me still wishes I could be 
celebrating somewhere with you. 

I'm not really a numbers person, 
if you'll recall, but our countdown
ended long ago and the days still
keep on passing by, ticking themselves
away and counting up til the end of time. 

1 year, 11 weeks and 25 days ago
I realized what it's like to be in love
with a figment of your imagination
and I have come so far since I stood
in those muddy bogged down shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment