Monday, September 21, 2015

Just Another Drop of Paint


I'll be the one singing songs outside your window in both summer and winter, but I won't toss pebbles at the glass because then you'll want to see who I am. I'll be the one reading every word you write, nibbling everything you'll ever say with enough caution to to make them last not only this life but the next as well, I'll be the lights in the sky guiding you home when you're tired of being lost - I'll be your north star but I'll let the moon keep her place front and center. I'll be the wave that brings you back to shore when the tides get just a little too rough I'll be whatever you need to smile and you'll never have to ask my name because I'll be gone again by the first ray of morning's golden light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment