Friday, June 20, 2014

Far From Senyru



To my Dearest Star,

You and I don't really talk all that often and I completely understand why that is; but I want you to understand something this time. When we met I was just a way to pass time and you were someone to play with. It's funny, just how much four years has been able to divide us. As the weeks passed and conversations got more sporadic. I found myself missing the comforting words of my stranger. The one I convinced myself to only refer to as “Star” because names make things complicated – especially goodbyes. And with no idea which exchange of pleasantries would be the last I was too afraid to hurt the way so many others have. The seasons changed and new years came and went, yet you stayed longer and longer, never wavering. It's nothing I really understood at the time, but I didn't dare question it either; I was happy. Finally. Even if it was only for a few minutes here and there. I know that so far I am only telling you things that you already know, or at least mostly, but it's all leading up to something new – I promise. There was a brief moment when I thought that this meant I had feelings for you in a romantic sense and another where I decided to mold the relationship we had as friends into nothing more than better and better friends. I tried to love other people that were closer and one that was even farther away, but no one meant even half as much to me as you. None of them were able to light up the entire world with a single smile from something I said or did. I didn't feel right saying those three words that people say to keep others close and every moment with them was still missing something. Something important. Something that I just don't know how to describe. But when we talk, as seldom as that once was, all the pieces fall into place. Every time I smile it is completely genuine. My soul giggles and my heart whispers “That is the one I want to be with.” Everything feels perfect even when it's not. So please, believe me when I say this and know I mean every bit of it and so much more. I love you. I love how much happier I  feel around you. I love the way we laugh and play so easily. I love your smile. I love being myself in my purest for,. I love knowing that I am where I belong. I love me and I love you too.
Now that the ink has finally stained pages instead of my pale skin and you have found your way here, I hope that you understand.

Today, Tomorrow, Forever,
Madison Rene'

No comments:

Post a Comment