Friday, May 23, 2014

Thought I Could Fly



I don't know who else to write this to
you seem to understand me 
more than others try

so I am going to pour my heart out 

to you

now. 


I hope that's alright,

but you're the kind of person that will say yes 
to anything

so long as someone's emotional well being 

will benefit. And I promise
mine will 

So dearest diary and closest friend,

I hope all is well in your world
because in mine the skies are grey
the clouds refuse to move away 

I miss the sun

I don't remember what a smile is
I feel trapped in my own being

pencils with lead and pools of ink

just don't know how to convey
the things I feel right now

my thoughts eat themselves

before I get the chance to think them
and I am breathing enough to get by
but it's only just enough with no extra space
to breathe. 

I don't understand it either,

there's nothing at all wrong 
everything around me is fine,

but I need to say something

in hopes you will have the cure 
I need more than ever before

being alone is a choice 

but
loneliness is a disease

and lately:


I am more alone than ever before. . . 


While I don't expect you 

as a book with uneven lines
and coffee stains or a person
with a life to live and your own fears to face
to understand this or to help me at all

I don't know who else to write this to

you seem to understand me 
more than others try

so I am just here on your door step pouring my heart out

to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment