Thursday, May 29, 2014

Never Forget



I close my eyes and I think of you. That song with a melody I could never get quite right and lyrics that have never been sung, at least not together, not all at once, not out loud for anyone to hear, continues to play through my mind. And when I try to sleep your arms are around me and your heart beats beneath your chest as it rises and falls beneath my head, just like we always said it would. Only we never got those moments and I am not sure if we ever will. But I just wanted you to know that I realized this, maybe it's too late, but I realized that people come and go but they are never truly forgotten. Because everyone you meet teaches you something important, whether you catch it or not and you, well, you were my greatest teacher of all. To this day, even in your absence, I am learning from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment