Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Water is no Cleanser

Here we stand in the poring rain,

With the one I love so forget all the pain.

As he holds my hand tight,

Yet so gently, he is using no might.


He smiles at me and says he likes rain, for many ways

I know one is because we're always together on rainy days.

The rain drops are telling a story as they fall,

I smile, I listen and he says I'm so perfect like a doll.


They always say kiss a girl in the rain,

It's a fairytale, only later add the pain.

Well he must have read my mind,

He kissed me then and there, the beautiful kind.


He walked me home, and said good bye,

Little did I know that would be the last dry eye

He called me that night, and tore me apart,

He said some other girl stole his heart.


I tried not to cry, so as not to bring him down,

Though I shouldn't have cared if he were around.

I knew this day would come someday,

I just didn't know in what way.


Now I'm broken, I'm hurt so bad,

He threw me to the ground he wasn't sad.

Or I couldn't tell exactly what he felt,

This was the last time my heart would melt.


Now you see why I like the rain,

But for me it always brings pain.

He is gone, I'm a confused mess,

Is there anyway to make this hurt less?

No comments:

Post a Comment