Sunday, April 7, 2019

NaPoWriMo 2019 # 7 Perspective of a fictional character


Ode to Senryu:

Ode to Senryu,
the character I made up
to teach myself the ropes
of poetry and painting.

This is my ode to Senryu,
or rather to the personification
of Poetry herself because together
they reminded me the importance

of things like honesty, catharsis,
and most of all: artistry.

Here's another ode to
the love of my life -

passion written between
the lines of a bleeding heart
and the ink blots of a
maturing soul.

If only he could hear me
as I pour my stanzas out:

he might sweep me off
of these tired feet of mine
and take me dancing in starlight
while we hunt for inspiration

waiting within early morning
mist and the dawn of true spring.

Just the thought of such adventure
is enough for me these days, though.

-M. Rene'

No comments:

Post a Comment