Wednesday, April 10, 2019

NaPoWriMo #10 Write about a City you don't want to visit


So here's to the death of a home that
never even really felt like home -

but I'd like to thank you for all that
you were before I realized just how
poisonous you could be underneath
your quiet life feel. Thank you for

giving me Library crafts on Saturdays,
picnics in the park on Sundays, movie nights
on Wednesdays,  cheer on Mondays and Fridays,
writing classes on Thursday and most of all
dinner out with my friends (and free ice cream)

on Tuesdays when the report cards came in.

Thank you for the first dates at the boardwalk,
for all the new and interesting people we met,
and especially the museums down town - but

I cannot return to that place once called home,

not if you still live there too and especially not
until the science center is reopened for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment