Monday, April 8, 2019

NaPoWriMo #8 People you pass by without meeting


I'm not one for taking the bus,
but I'll walk across town to find
the perfect lyric for a song about you
or the exact photo to cover your novel.

It's funny to me just how many
other people are on similar journeys
but in such different shoes. For example,
today I was headed to the park
in hopes of one last glimpse at

the cherry blossoms covering town,

a guy walked past me ranting
to the whole world about the time
the clouds changed shape just as he
was about to ask the mermaid-shaped one
to run away with him. Now, I'm not saying

that he was going to be our new
best friend or anything like that,
but if nothing else, he could have
been an interesting conversation.

How many of those are we passing up
each and every single day we go our way
without any care of who or what else
might be right there walking with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment