Sunday, October 7, 2018

You Keep Coming Back



All I'll ever ask of you is to feel my love

oozing from every heart in the room

when I say those words, those

unnecessary things that are said

too much but mean nothing now anyway.


Don't look at me with those eyes,

or come 'round here wearing that cheap

cupcake perfume. One day the world's gonna

end and everyone's mind will be thinking of us

laughing on park benches and singing in allies

for dancing shadows as everything envied us

so very much.


You keep leaving without a second thought,

you keep coming back to lay the world at my feet.

And when you're here you're not. When you're

gone you're here.


Baby, don't look at me with those eyes,

you know I'd do anything for you,

but Baby, this time it's over,

we're through.


That's what you said, so if that's what you want

okay. Just know the world's gonna end

tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment