Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Wrong Type of Adventure - a prompt piece



Doodling hearts on my patella,

   coasting along Barksdale Boulevard,

        believing in miracles and unicorns,

              after a runaway rainbow -


I am a dreamer

    true to my nickname.


He was supposed to bring chocolate

but settled on coffee, instead.

While I was impersonating the equator

instead of remaining purely polar.


By now he's alone in bed

     feeling like a run-over possum

          too shattered for band-aids

               or Snuffleupagus hugs.


You're just a pixel

... right now...


Can you really forgive me so easily

      with your heart on MY sleeve

            and my name tattooed

                    across your fragile wrist?


Is this really so insignificant

      or are you trying to pass dinosaur

           fossils off as gigantic, ancient

                 puppy dog paws?



Writing challenge using the words:

rainbow

chocolate

possum

boulevard

patella

dinosaur

equator

wrist

snuffleupagus

pixelBut also, completely true.

No comments:

Post a Comment