Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Virtual Reality Confession Sessions



Whenever people ask me about high school

I refer to you as my therapist

because together we talked poetically

and endlessly for two full years.


Neither of us held back our secrets,

but we refused to let the world

listen in on our conversations -


(even the walls were enemies)


afraid they'd call our bluff

or poison our names as the waltzed

across the tongues we'd never actually taste


because dreams of a future together

were sweeter than any moment side by side

could ever possibly be and we knew it;

so we shared life and love, but never


reality.


When people ask how therapy went

I tell them you saved my life

and killed me all in one swift motion.

But I am better off because of you.


Truly.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment