Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Cause 2015

Feb and march 2012 021.jpg close back its about love.jpg


Welcome to the latest celebration of It’s About Love! This project is something very near and dear to my heart, it is a way of helping you find out who it is you really are and how the people and things surrounding you affect and are affected by you. I would love to enlist your support in this years experimental efforts. This year’s celebration will be held on Friday February 13 due to Valentine’s Day’s need to land on a Saturday instead of a weekday ;) Please read the following information and let me know if there is anything more you are interested in as well as where you stand as far as participation.

I ask that you wear as much of one light/warm color as possible and allow for your designs to be on display throughout the day. Take pictures of yourself before the day begins and when the day comes to a close (a group picture would also be appreciated should one be possible). Pictures should also be taken of reactions if possible.

Inform teachers (if they are sticks in the mud) ahead of time. You should ask or invite other friends to take down letters/comments/etc from bystanders of this experiment.They should carry a notebook or clipboard with blank sheets of paper to gather as much information from your day as possible. These Recorders should not take a vow of silence and should stay pretty close to a "subject" throughout the day. .

Once Saturday approaches I ask that you email me your results, pictures, and notes/data as well as your own reactions to the day as soon as possible (before March 15th at the very latest.) I would also appreciate a list of each member of the experiment followed by their role in the day. .

note cards need to utilize both sides

one must read something to the effect of:

To Whom it may Concern,                                (date in top right corner)

Today I am taking a vow of silence in an attempt to discover how my actions and words truly effect myself and those around me. The markings you see on my skin and/or clothing are my only form of expression for today, they are to show the love I have for myself and those who surround me each and every day. As a student I find it is the most important time to find who it is I want to be whilst also putting my environment to use as fully as possible. This experiment is based on the Japanese book "Messages From Water" thank you for your cooperation and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely, Regards, or With Love,
your name
your signature

(suggestions to improve letter are welcome)

The other side of the card is a tally Chart: (you may use symbols, drawings, or words to indicate the emotions but they must be the same ones listed below in the same order -please)

Please take a moment to mark the emotion(s) you felt when you saw and/or learned of my experiment:

Delight
Joy
Confusion
Anger
Sadness
Neutrality

No comments:

Post a Comment