Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Song of Memories


I know you are not able to hear me. That you are no longer here. That you have already been forgotten. But please, let me say the words I have been trying to say for so long. Be the things I need you to be - codes made of awkward glyphs tasked with carrying meanings from one soul to another. Let me keep my faith in you despite your awful past. And tell everyone who lived once and died before I found this pen that they will be remembered forevermore. Not for who they were or what they did or did not do, but for creating the world with each breath they took. For leaving something buried in nothingness behind. Not for their name, but for ours. Please words, tell them they are not alone. Say that they - each and every one - was great. and comfort them - comfort the living, as unimportant as we are- by pointing out that the greatest tragedy of all time is simply that Time could not last ling enough for them to meet all of us before taking them away. 

1 comment:

  1. “He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

    ― George Orwell, 1984

    ReplyDelete