Saturday, August 16, 2014

Wrong Numbers and Bubble Wrap



I'm sorry I didn't call you yesterday, like I said I would. It's just that I was busy doing all the things people have to do before they can move on in life and saying all the sayings that are supposed to give you hope when it seems there is none left. Then I got to talking with someone I've known all my life and yet never really met until recently. We learned things we never could have imagined and felt better than we've ever known possible. I'm sorry I didn't call you yesterday, like I said I would. It's just that I was a bit busy falling in love with someone for the second time. I know you will understand, because fans almost always do, because young voices playing on the radio grown raspy and hoarse still sing, because I have decided that you will understand and sometimes that's all you need. Anyway, I'll try and make it up to you soon, but please don't hold me to that because falling in love with someone three times is so much more beautiful than only falling in love with them twice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment