Monday, June 10, 2019

To Someone Inky



I miss you in ways I never thought possible.


It's not like we were ever in love

and it's not hope of better days

that kept us together. But you

introduced me to some of my favorite songs

and I can't even listen to them


without wanting to cry

because you're not around

to talk about them,

to give them happier stories

like you did before.


Gravenhurst is almost the same thing,

I wanted to show him to you -

but he died shortly before your birthday.

Porcupine tree doesn't exist anymore

and Steven Willson only writes tales

of heartbreak now, Cake disappeared

and their randomness breaks me

in ways you're never going to realize.


Whenever someone calls me Hun or honey,

I look around the room for you,

fully aware you won't be there.

Someone I love was talking with me,

"I've come to terms with the fact

you've given your heart to someone else,

I am just a place holder until someone

better comes along," he said. . .


But I didn't, I didn't

give my heart to you,

It wasn't even love.


I miss you in ways I never thought possible,


so what was it?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment