Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Flow



Staring out the window at the lucid storm

fingers lightly tapping the blanket,

I wonder what tonight will bring.


Dreams to inspire love?

Fears to remind me of sorrow?

Messages to guide me in hope?

Something new to try, for experience?


The block on my ideas stabs me

oh God, my life's so boring.


Moving to the floor, my back against the wall,

feet sliding along the wooden floor boards,

pen in my hand getting slippery, losing

my grip and my captive mind running too.


Thoughts begin racing, legs collapse,

pen dances on the floor, imprinting new thoughts

forever and ever, for all to see.


I only hope the future owners

don't get mad at me...


What can I say though,

the inspiration comes and goes

I just have to follow the flow.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment