Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thoughts of a Gem

Cuts and scrapes

Colors and patterns

Stars and stripes

All make me who i am.



Dash of this

Pinch of that.


Look here

Awe there

Never see another

Just like me.


All born of

Flesh and blood,

Ash and stone...


Raised with rules,

Regulations, and schools.

Good and bad

Whats wrong or right.


But we all shine

Different in our

Own light.


I found mine

Among the earth,

Where is yours?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The video is from about 6 years ago, it was a project for my theater class. And while I understand that it is far from perfect, I still believe that it is a great way to see how far I've come as a person, a poetess, and even in the way I put my videos together. It's about Love was a project/social experiment my friends and I put together out 8th grade year of middle school. Essentially it was our way of showing just how important self expression is to embracing your full potential - especially in a school or work setting. As soon as you allow people the ability to show them true selves and be proud of it, they stop worrying what others think of them - therefore the terms "nerd" and "geek" or "teachers pet" stop hindering their performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment