Sunday, February 17, 2019

Nostalgic



Night after night when the world seems silent

I dare to escape in a series of notes and rests

in hopes I might be able to find myself

once more among the songs long forgotten;


the ones I dedicated to you.


Its not a real piano, like the one I always wanted

as a young girl, but a rolled out key board

good enough to pretend the way they taught me to

so very long ago. The way you used to do

on those nights the rain came down and sleep could

not over come me no matter what we tried.


Songs gone unheard for so much longer than

any work of art ever should, memories arisen

after hours of being suppressed, I lose myself

in a series of notes and rests long forgotten

as I dare to play the songs I love;


the ones I dedicated to you.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment