Saturday, September 15, 2018

Welcome Home



Oh Hun, I've gone back to playing all your songs

and watching the shadows dance across floorboards -

revitalized by such memorable motions.


Apathy moved out and Sorrow bought the house

next door, so she and Joy could fool everyone

into believing that they are a happy couple

now that he's gone two months without cheating.


Hun, the walls won't tell me which songs

you sang to me when I was sleeping, but

they do ask me where you've gone this time.


I know my soul is accosted by the memories

but she has never been more beautifully so.

Oh Hun, everything reminds us of you and

everyone else misses you so much more

than you will ever know. - - -


And if you have found this

I still love you in ways

you will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment