Monday, September 24, 2018

The Photographer



And the ashes can't be forgotten

because people can't forget

what they've been taught is

important but others stand there

listening not understanding.


That's how i feel.


I keep a camera in my bag

at all times, I never like to miss

the things going on that manage

to make me smile. Children playing tag

in the street while moms make dinner

or the way petals hang just right on a rose.


Honestly, there's a rhythm to the world

that artist capture on film every day

and all I'll ever ask is that you give me

the chance to be like that.


It's not something you can search for

and find so easy; there's more to it

than that, there's the adventure of getting to

the moment, the right place at the right time.

i keep a camera by my side everywhere I go

in case I find the kind of beauty

I can only wish I possessed.


But really,

in the end,

it's not so bad

hiding

behind the

camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment