Thursday, April 7, 2016

If Only


If it were up to me I'd help you strip down to nothing but your soul and bones. I'd take up all your old space in an effort to become just as much a part of you as any other part of you. Then in the stillness we would break the silence with talk of how the other tastes and what pairings would be the best. Next we break the stillness by joining the silence in an exploration of ourselves within the other. Right down to the true, pure depths of the other. If I had things my way you'd wake up tomorrow feeling like a new person, covered in glitter and lipstick, feeling like you are on top of the world, you could run a marathon, you want water instead of soda, you have never cried or bled a day in your life (I wish that were true), feeling like love is the only force worth a damn in this whole heartbreak world, that lipstick is the most beautiful bitch to ever live, that the angel in your arms right now is the only person you will ever truly care about. Really, it's just days like this that I wish I could have it my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment