Monday, June 8, 2015

Note to Self


Someday the two of us are going to have a house with nooks and crannies filled with pillows and books and crayon drawings on the walls. There ill be stained glass windows in the dining room with a view of the beach so when the sun rises there are pretty patterns on the floor and table. There will be a gorgeous black baby grand in the living room with a red velvet cover for the keys and stunning paintings on the wall, I will play for you every night. I will play anything you like. I will let you put your head in my lap and tell me everything you ever loved when you were young. There will be days for pizza and movies in bed and there will be days for dancing in the kitchen with soap to our elbows and dishes half done in the sink. Even if life isn't perfect, we'll find joy in as many moments as we can. That would be more than enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment