Saturday, June 13, 2015

Just Another Exorcism


I don't think anyone realizes that the circus is cheaper when it rains. Because who can smile, laugh, and enjoy themselves when they are soaking wet, right? I remember how much you loved going to watch the clowns with their faces dripping away beneath the red and white stripes of the big top. Caramel corn and candy apples aren't so sweet anymore. But the smell of the massive bonfire in the center of the grounds is more enticing than ever before now that all your magic is gone. The strong man took me by the arm today after the show, just to ask me where you are, he chuckled and left me in the alley when I remarked how surprising it was that he was the last to know. And tonight, for the first time in as long as I can remember, these trails we've followed for so long were confusing, I had no idea where I was going and I don't think anyone realizes that the circus is cheaper when it rains, but if only they'd give it a shot, maybe they could still feel the magic you brought to the stage inside your laughter lingering low enough to actually have some sort of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment