Thursday, December 4, 2014

Welcome Home


Oh Hun, I've gone back to playing all your songs
and watching the shadows dance across floorboards -
revitalized by such memorable motions. 

Apathy moved out and Sorrow bought the house 

next door, so she and Joy could fool everyone 
into believing that they are a happy couple 
now that he's gone two months without cheating.

Hun, the walls won't tell me which songs 

you sang to me when I was sleeping, but 
they do ask me where you've gone this time. 

I know my soul is accosted by the memories

but she has never been more beautifully so.
Oh Hun, everything reminds us of you and 
everyone else misses you so much more 
than you will ever know. 

- - - 


And if you have found this

I still love you in ways 
you will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment