Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy 17th Birthday


I remember when you took me to see "Fiddler on the Roof" and I remember the way you smiled at me as if I were the sun and you were the lead researcher for NASA. The song we danced to in the middle school gym still plays through my mind whenever we talk - even as seldom as that is. When I'm laughing I hear your soft chuckle along side mine and when skies are gray the blanket around my shoulders feels the way your arms would all those years ago. Your name makes me smile and cry at the same time. I remember when you invited me over to watch a movie while everyone else watched the football game. And how you called me "Happy" instead of "Maddy" because you had never seen me mad.

Anyway, happy birthday lovely, I hope you are doing well.

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment