Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Heartbroken Birthday Card


You must have been an illusion because your ghost loves me more than it ever loved you. And maybe if I label you as a dream dreampt up by Loneliness maybe that will help ease the pain. Hun, you should have stayed a stranger an infatuation from a distance nothing more than wishful thinking and a face too pretty for its own good. But if for some reason you were really here, if any of it actually happened and your birthday really is on its way, I hope that someone new is able to give you the world and all that you deserve. I hope you have another great year ahead with nothing but the best laughter filled moments and memory filled days of the time you spent with the people like me. The people who love you with all their heart, who only ever wanted the very best for you. The ones who are no longer around to see you smile. You must have been an illusion because your ghost loves me more than it ever loved you - and if you're not, if you are real, we both wish you a very happy birthday.


Happy 22nd Taylor Hocutt....

No comments:

Post a Comment