Thursday, July 25, 2019

Ranting to Polaris



Someday the world will know our names

in ways you've never imagined and your story

will be written on me the way my portrait has

been painted atop of your perfect chest in

magenta lipstick. There will come a day

when you are just as important as

Jackson Pollack or Micheal Jackson.


(In your own line of work that is.)


I promise you my ghost will leave you alone

just as soon as you remember to call when you

say you will. Because really I've never met

anyone who makes a better you than you ,

so that means that by default the next century

cannot possibly pass without all the world

saying your name at least once in their lifetimes

as they honor your greatest work of all time


(me)


the way they've already done with mine


(you). P.S. I am leaving tonight

and I will see you as soon

as humanly possible -


so long as you're still

up for leading my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment