Friday, July 26, 2019

Forgotten Gods



When we met you were a poet

therefore I am immortal.


You etched me out

in stanzas and poured

the starlight from

my smile into your lines. My

laughter got recorded in the

blank spaces between words

while the love I had for you

inspired your own raw

recollections of our

beautifully fragmented

conversations.


Now you've journeyed off

to another land where

my eyes pierce through

the icicles of your heart

and you've buried your

emotions alive

in an endless

field of

bluebells.


You may not

be here anymore,

your footprints were

swept away by ocean tides

and sand crabs but

we both know

you were.

And that's

enough for

me.


I am immortal

because I was

loved by a poet.


I guess you

are too

even if you

have been

forgotten

here.

No comments:

Post a Comment