Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lipstick Stained Enlightenment


I told you that there will come a day when I write our story on you and an evening for painting on your chest as there will be a late night for connecting the dots (following your freckles down your body) with fairy kisses and the gentle nibble of a butterfly. You remember how I smiled when I explained that someday you will be known as my greatest masterpiece, just as I will be known as your favorite artist of all time (I hope). One day you will have absolutely no room to question whether I love you or not because I will put my heart and soul on display for the stars, the moon, and all of Time to witness in the most glorious of ways. Because I promise someday I will hold myself to it and angels will weep at the sight, heaven itself will be jealous, all the poets never known will turn in their graves, and you will never be quite as happy as anyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment