Sunday, September 28, 2014

In the Middle



"I understand that you would like someone else and I am not the who you always believed I could be.  I get that I'm not smart or anything special and I'm sorry... I am so sorry," I sobbed into your perfectly ironed shirt as the others continued their shouts and the war marched on. We sat in no mans land, right in the middle of the crossfire, innocent beyond belief watching our town burn down, paralyzed by the fear of what our own imaginations created before us.

"That's where your wrong, you are and you have been for a long time. Because to me you are smart, pretty, and very much special, and without you i would be nothing but a empty shell of myself, you make me feel like i can take on the world and nothing will stop me. You have the power to enable me to stop a charging Rhino with one hand, to have 1,000 arrows shot at me and i wont feel a thing, but you also have the power to bring me to my knees just by the wink of your eye or the flick of your wrist." You answered as the bullets slowed until finally they just stopped coming our way all together.

1 comment: