Monday, March 25, 2019

Street Song Serenade



Being with you is like dancing on water

inside the darkened theatre of death

like playing the part of a college student

just trying to get through initiation

with some stupid frat or sorority

I know I don't belong in, but join anyway

just to shut my parents up again.


It's like playing with money in the middle

of the busy streets found in places like

London and New York, but of course you -

you wouldn't understand an analogy like that;

you've never been anywhere have you love?


'Cause you're just another caged songbird

singing for someone else's freedom

instead of your own cause that's what lovers do

when they're in love. But I have to say,


I love being with you - it's like dancing on water

and playing with money; watching strangers

turn their heads in awe and screaming

words they don't even agree with in some kind of

falsified disgust because that's what happens

in death's theatre and on the busy streets of

places way too big for their own good.


It's something so unique,

something completely different from everything else

I've ever known and I think it's time you knew that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment