Thursday, October 19, 2017

Heart to Heart


I am sorry for that time we fought so long and loud that the neighbors wished us condolences the next day, for that time we fought in late afternoon and the sun refused to feel warm on our backs, for that time we felt the entire house shake from the fury in our voices. I am sorry that you felt the need to walk out and it wasn't even anything I said, that we both bled all over the kitchen for absolutely nothing, that we had to bend and break before we could heal.

Honestly though, I do not regret it at all. I am thankful that we were able to gain battle scars from a battle actually worth fighting, that our war was for love and not hatred, that we are better off for it - closer than we've ever been before. I am grateful that we had this chance to get the steam out of our heads, that we could clear our minds and patch up our hearts all at once, that we figured it out on our own - it just took more time than we (or anyone else) expected. 

1 comment: