Sunday, September 10, 2017

Still Holding On



And now, even after everything, I can close my eyes and see two little girls running in the street singing Taylor Swift songs in the rain and dancing in the parking lot of the office building my mom worked in for so many years so long ago. I can hear us giggling the night away as we wrote about all the people we wanted to be someday and how we were going to change the world, but maybe just the neighborhood if we fell ever so short. Everyone still asks how you are, I smile and say, "I hope she's doing well enough," even though anything is better than what you had when we fell through. Really, I just want you to know that you're the kind of friend that is remembered forever and always, the kind of friend to forgive without forgetting. One of those artist types whose works tattoo your heart even from the miles or years away.

P.s Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment