Monday, July 10, 2017

So Fucking Fragile


There's so much sorrow in your eyes that all I can think to say is that it's going to be okay. And there's this thing called "slam poetry" - it's made of meter and rhyme but it's almost always better on the spot that way it's pure thought so like I said I don't know what's wrong, but if it helps I'll write you this poem/rap/song.

Because there's a great sorrow in me too - only I can't describe mine, because it's the kind of pain you don't just feel but you carry it deep within your bones and tears escape at the strangest of times cause memories tug on your heart strings. And my god, dear fucking god, it stings.

So when I saw the blue threatening storms behind your eyes I figured you should know you're not alone, and this Agony we're carrying, she's the biggest fucking bitch on the planet - triggering hurricanes and forest fires in your veins at the flip of a single switch; you're not alone.

My god, thank heaven we're not alone. Everyone feels this way at some point.
I'm just so sorry you had to bare such a weight at suck a young age, maybe now you'll create something like I've been trying to do for so long. Oh wait, you're gone.

Go ahead and flood these streets, burn your favorite bridges - I'll help you rise from the ashes 'cause there's no use wasting this godsend of angel feathers and togetherness.

Darling, there are rivers in your eyes and storms daring to pull us apart. Don't you dare let it - we've come far too far as strangers to walk separate roads now. In fact, I believe, we could be excellent friends and even better people soaring up and out of this muck and grime.

So anyway, there's this thing called "slam poetry" and I think that's what this will be 'cause I know prose and I write normal poetry and this sure as hell ain't either one of those. So maybe if you take my hand here and now we can be friends or lovers rhyming through the emotional ladders and scales together - striving for stars the human eye can't even see yet.

Maybe we've got halos and spots waiting for our names so we can change the world or maybe even end this vicious cycle of dying over nothing. God damn it, I let NOTHING kill me yet again.

I hope you at least died over something worth a damn 'cause you let the storms take you before we said farewell or the simple "Godspeed, Darling."

I hope you died over something worth a damn.

Godspeed, Darling. 

Godspeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment