Thursday, June 29, 2017

Moral Support From the Finish Line


When summer gets here I will write to you every day. I will send you postcards from home and photos from everywhere we've ever wanted to go.

When the leaves begin changing I will call and ask about your day every night. I will send you a piece of advice for staying ahead before you even get up.

When the first snowflake falls upon your yard I will claim you as my muse and spoil you rotten with poetry and presents. I will tend to the fires keeping your dreams ablaze.

When Spring arrives with arms filled with lavenders wearing a crown of chained daisies I will fill your belly with hope and be there to keep you moving as the exhaustion settles in.

This year, my promise to you, is that you will not be alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment