Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Eternally Grateful


There is strength in knowing how to create your own power...

"By experiencing things you do not want more of you are able
to express desire for those that you do hope for. Like shooting
fireworks into the sky fueled by nothing more than want,"
explained my mom as we sat cross legged on my teal bed
each of us holding a stuffed animal in our shaking arms.

She was trying to teach me that the only way to get out
of our terrifying habits was to decide that we wanted change.
There is strength in knowing how to create your own power
and even though I'm not thrilled with where I'm at right now
I'm grateful she's here still - to help me hold on to hope

that better days could be just around the corner. There are
so many aspects of my daily life that I wish could change,
and looking back on similar situations all I can see is us
chatting in my room with No Doubt and Tori Amos
cheering us on in the background. I will be happy. Soon.

There is strength waiting for me to regain it.

I know how to create my own power.

Doesn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment