Friday, February 17, 2017

Bookmarks and Devils Lie in Between Dusty Pages


Flipping through books read too long ago
     to even remember the end
I find photographs of me in your arms
     and sheet music to the songs

you sang me to sleep with.

I find a pair of earrings and a condom wrapper
     slipping out of Chasing Brooklyn 
and I see ebony lace ribbons tied to
     our wristbands from the summer concert

where I noticed we were in love.

There always was something
     about us and books-
something in the way we made out
     in the library behind the stacks

and that time when we had midnight meetings
     just so you'd read me poetry
between the dew painted grass
     and stars filled with hope.

Flipping through books read too long ago
     to even remember the end
I find that nothing the ink records means
     a damn to me, now that we've rewritten

each and every page.

And you still have our books, don't you, Bloom?

No comments:

Post a Comment