Saturday, June 4, 2016

Amanda


There's just something about little miracles
that pulls me from the midnight waves every time.
Something about the kindness of strangers
and the look of a shining smile upon an unnecessarily
burdened face - usually still so young, too.

No matter how far down the rabbit hole I fall
or what type of sorrow I'm infatuated with
there's just something about little miracles
that calls me back home with a haunted grace
whispering "tomorrow's a new day, Sunshine."

It's not that I need Sunlight to be free and
there's more to me than the void of ebony,
but today you were an angel in disguise.
You and all your new friends stopping for
photographs and hugs, Amanda, you are my hero.

My little miracle long overdue.
A smile for the burdened soul.
A breath of fresh air under cloudy skies.
A force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment