Thursday, January 28, 2016

Dear You (the thousandth unsent letter)


I'm really not sure who will find this, if anyone, but thank you anyway. Even if you never lay eyes on these pages, even if there's no one left to read these words to you, even if you're not interested in poetry (or me). Thank you.

Thank you for being born. Thank you for coming back. For making mistakes and fixing them, or learning from them. For choosing today of all days to become aware of the time I've taken today to honor you - a complete stranger, whoever and wherever you may be.

Lately, I've been through a lot and it has allowed me to realize that even people you've never met (and maybe never will) can change you. I've lost myself over two complete strangers and a middle school crush in the last few months. I've seen people I love struggle more than ever before - but they are still up and moving, alive and kicking. I've taken a dozen punches and even dismantled myself, but now I am gathering the pieces and pulling myself back together.

So I just wanted you to know that I'm thrilled that you are here, wherever this is. I'm amazed by how beautiful/ handsome you have become. I am leagues beyond grateful to have met you (even if I haven't). Even if I won't. And more than anything else, I have never been more proud of you.

Enjoy this feeling of living, and should you ever need anything I am here. Always here.

With Eternal Love,
Madison Rene'

No comments:

Post a Comment