Sunday, March 8, 2015

Let's Live Backwards


You were already gone, a sort of apology rose and bubbled to my lips, but you weren't there to hear it. Remember I said something I'd never mean, you crossed your arms and stomped away darkly. The moment was grim, our beautiful silence took Death's hand and became something so much less friendly, it attacked us. Nothing happened, no fires, no joy, no passion or conversations, no feelings presenting themselves today. Nothing happened. Perhaps that's it though, nothing happened. There was a knock on the door, I answered it, you came in and sat on the couch. It was still cold by the time I got home, I turned on the heat and found that blanket you used to love so much. When I woke up it was a simple day, just the same as any other. Anyway, how did you sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment